Sunday, September 28, 2014

Imperial Bun

Hello everybody,

Thank you so much for following my blog!  I always enjoy getting to share these hair pictures with my friends.  Today my hair was still a little wet from when I washed it last night.  (I don't use a hair dryer on my long hair, just on my bangs. I usually wash my hair with the Condition-Wash-Condition method twice a week.  I'll wash it at night before I go to bed and let it air dry all night long.  I use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, and Johnson & Johnson's No More Tears detangling spray as needed when I'm combing my hair out with my big comb.)
     To make this hairstyle, I first made two small lace braids, then swooped my hair up like I was about to make a high ponytail.  But instead of using an elastic, I held my hair in place with a small octopus clip and twisted the length of my "ponytail" into a rope braid which I then wrapped into a high bun.  There is no sock involved, this bun is totally made up of my hair alone.  I like the way the little braids peek through here and there.  I held my bun in place with bobby pins and these three little hair clips.  Then I added my emerald headband as a finishing touch.  One of my favorite hairstyles so far!


















No comments:

Post a Comment